What you need:
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, unbeatened
- 1-1/2 teaspoon. vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter milk
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- Confectioner's Sugar
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffin cups or grease 24 muffin pan cups.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Begin adding 1/4 of the flour, mixing well. Add 1/4 of the butter milk, mixing well.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used.
- Cover the bottom of the muffin cups with a tablespoon of the batter.
- Add 2 pieces of each berry into the muffin.
- Cover the berries with more batter until 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove muffins to wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm, sprinkled with powdered sugar.
We hope you enjoy this recipe!